Transform a House for Sale into a House Sold!
You can subtly influence potential buyers’ attitudes toward your house by making them feel welcome and comfortable. The following tips can help you get your house in showing condition and appeal to the most bueyrs!
Add Curb Appeal
The exterior of your home forms the first impression a prospective buyer will have. Stand in front of your house and view it as though you were the buyer. Then, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the yard mowed, weeded, trimmed and watered?
- Does the structure need painting or washing?
- Is there a new welcome mat on the front porch?
- Can I read the house number clearly?
- Are the windows clean—inside and out?
- Are there damaged windows or missing screens?
- Are there extra vehicles in the driveway?
- Are fences and gates in good condition?
- Are the rain gutters and roof in good condition?
Create Neutral and Welcoming Living Areas
Your house may satisfy the practical requirements a potential buyer is looking for – location, price, style and amenities – but does it inspire an emotional connection? Here’s how to let prospective buyers imagine themselves living in your home:
- Create a clean, organized entry
- Remove clutter such as stray newspapers and magazines
- Clean all light fixtures and replace dull lightbulbs
- Repair wall and ceiling cracks
- Paint walls a neutral color (white never fails!)
- Scrub, wax or seal floors
- Make sure carpeting is clean
Highlight the Kitchen and Bathrooms
Prospective buyers tend to focus on two key areas: the kitchen and the bathroom. Attention to details in these rooms can make a big difference:
- Place a bowl of fresh fruit in the kitchen
- Put seldom-used small appliances in cupboards
- Inspect cabinets and clear countertops of clutter
- Clean all mirrors and objects left on countertops
- Fix leaky faucets and caulk sinks and tubs
- Be sure to have coffee, tea and treats for guests
- Place soaps, bath oils and thick towels in bathrooms
- Scrub and polish all sinks and tubs
- Purchase new shower curtains and rugs
- Repair missing grout and tiles
- Deodorize garbage disposer, dishwasher and trash cans
Focus on other Rooms, Garage and Backyard
Once you’ve reviewed the kitchen and bathroom areas, walk through your entire home:
- Be sure the bed is made with decorative pillows and matching blankets
- Place a scented candle on the nightstand and scented paper or sachets in closets
- Add a few books, art and pottery to your entertainment center
- Drape a textured throw over the corner of a sofa or chair
- Wipe down the washer, dryer, furnace, water softener and other appliances
- Put tools in bins in the garage or workshop
- Powerwash the patio and give decks new life with a coat of stain
- Place lawn furniture in conversational groupings and add miniature lights on trees or shrubs
We are here for you!
Our professional team of highly qualified real estate agents would like to be your source for support and strategy during the sale of your house!Contact one of our professional agents today!